Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Queen For A (Number Of) Day(s)

I marked the passing of another year during the last week. First, I made myself Queen for the day of my birth. Then, as the birthday was on a Friday, I decided to make myself Queen for the weekend. However, as my age now ends with a "9," I decided it might be best to be Queen for the rest of the year to mark the last year in my current decade. Realizing that the next birthday would be the beginning of a new decade in my life, I decided that perhaps I should be Queen for the next two years.

Being Queen means that I tell the old man that he has to do everything I say for the next two years and then telling him what to do. For some reason, he doesn't think I should be Queen.

I think I'm going to have to call on Adventure Girl. She will have ways of convincing the old man of the wisdom of living under my rule.

3 comments:

Dan Lower said...

Okay, that was just gross.

Anonymous said...

Maybe certain posts should be rated NCI (N for Children of the poster through age Infinity).

Dan Lower said...

Post something, Mom...I'm totally missing the BMOC posts...