Saturday, August 27, 2005

Big Mama On Campus

We moved our son into his dorm room on Wednesday. It was two days earlier than most of the new students as he was participating in the "Service Plunge," a two-day opportunity to participate in "learning through service."

Looking around as I drove through the campus Wednesday to the spot where I was to deposit my child, I noticed that, in addition to the many people who looked to be of college age, there were many, many old people. They were everywhere.

And I was one of them!

How can that be? I still feel as gawky and goofy as a high school freshman.

I didn't do much friendly chit-chatting with the old people (I didn't want their old people cooties) and to the college students I am invisible.

I feel like I'm living in "Freaky Friday" land.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fortunately, you were with your "old cootie" magnet.