Tuesday, August 30, 2005

How I Discovered The Old Man Has A Thing For Cindy Crawford

Just a few weeks ago, I made a healthy food choice. Feeling a craving for something sweet a couple of hours after dinner, I chose to have a banana, full of potassium and natural sweetness, rather than something that was processed and refined and full of empty calories.

As I peeled, bit and chewed, I felt quite virtuous. This raised my endorphin level to the point of playfulness. Spying the Dole sticker, I peeled it from the banana and placed it on the right side of my upper lip. I turned to the old man, who was sitting nearby watching tennis (naturally), and said coyly, "Hey, don't I look like Cindy Crawford?"

In a nanosecond and with barely a glance in my direction (there was tennis on TV, after all), he replied, "The mole's on the wrong side."

"Busted!" I thought to myself. Aloud, I sing-songed, "You like Cindy Crawford, you like Cindy Crawford."

The old man tried to blame his quick thinking on the cat, as she also has a mole on the same side of her upper lip as Cindy Crawford. I didn't buy it.

The moral of the story is: Always have cake and ice cream for dessert.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think nanosecond may be slightly hyperbolic.