Monday, August 15, 2005

The Return Of Adventure Girl

This weekend was my twenty-third wedding anniversary, and the old man and I had an opportunity to spend some time alone. During that time, he made a proposition to me which I politely--and blushingly--declined.

"There was a time when you were Adventure Girl," the old man noted.

"Yes," I agreed, "But that was before I became a mother."

"You're not a mother anymore," he countered.

"I'll always be a mom!" I cried.

"Sure," the old man said, "But you're not a mother in the same way anymore."

While I continued to decline the old man's proposition (due to the fact that I didn't care to spend my anniversary in jail), I did decide that it is time for the return of Adventure Girl.

Stay tuned for the next episode.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My eyes are glued to the set and I'm eager to hear the revamped theme music.